Tuesday 23 December 2008

On the painting table

Thought I would let you know what is on my painting table at the moment - so you can expect pictures of the completed figures sooner rather than later.

The thirteen remaining Gretchins, three remaining Androids, and seven remaining Orks from Space Crusade (Milton Bradley Board Game long out of print).

An couple of old metal miniatures (possibly TSR?) - an adventurer thief-type with an altered torch (it is almost out) and a hydra, which has the body of a lion and eight snake/dragon heads that had to be assembled and modelled with "green stuff".

I have just finished assembling and tidying up (by applying "green stuff" to the gaps) some Games Workshop miniatures - Warhammer Chaos Knights (set of five on horseback) and Warhammer Vampire Counts Crypt Ghouls (set of 10). I am searching around for some inspiration for the paint schemes of these, if you have any ideas please let me know!

Recently managed to finish off a few that had been part done - they have now been added to my website galleries. There are five additions to Descent Journeys in the Dark: beastman, sorcerer, Grey Ker, One Fist and skeleton. Four additions to Mostly Metal: old TSR figures Gandalf and Umber Hulk, a monkey with wings (reminds me of those nasty creatures in the Wizard of Oz) and the very first miniature I ever bought — a sorceress, she has suffered badly from lead rot and I have tried to reconstruct her hand. One addition to War of the Ring: Southrons & Easterlings Elite.

No comments: