Sunday 14 December 2008

The Joys of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS/ME)

I had a great night at the 80s xmas do Friday night, really enjoyed the music and the company and the hilarious outfits!

Today I am still suffering - every muscle in my body is trying to scream louder than the others, all of my glands are swollen and painful, my throat is sore, I am exhausted physically and mentally even though I slept for thirteen hours or more last night, not to mention doing nothing yesterday. I am feeling vague, having time-slips and finding it hard to write this.

I am still happy and pleased that I went. I managed much better than I did last year, or the year before, or the year before that - and I could not get out of bed for the 2004 one so I am definitely improving overall. I just wish the process was not so slow.

I do not think I shall be able to get to the painting table for a while, but there are lots of things I want to "surf" in between rests and cups of hot chocolate. I am just lucky that I have a laptop I can use in bed.

Still the most important thing is to stay happy and positive and I am good at that :o)

No comments: