Saturday 31 January 2009

Vampire Counts Crypt Ghouls

I have just completed these Games Workshop Warhammer miniatures. They are multi-part plastic figures that I assembled, removed mold-lines, filled in gaps/joins with modeling putty, primed, painted, based and varnished. I decided to keep away from the traditional green or purple ghouls that I have seen elsewhere and tried to create a more organic feeling with browns and yellows, and gave them fluorescent green eyes. Base detail was added to create a mud effect.



I was surprised by just how many bits went into each figure - legs, torso, right arm, left arm, head, making it a long process to separate parts from the sprues and remove their mold-lines. It was fun to mix and match them and try to get the most unique looking figures. Once assembled there was quite a lot of areas that needed filling with "green stuff" to create a more complete miniature.

I have just added individual photographs of these ghouls to a new Warhammer gallery.

These figures are NOW SOLD. I am happy to paint these on a commission basis and I can tailor the colour scheme or figure types to suit your needs. I am also able to paint other Games Workshop miniatures by commission.

No comments: